The North American Free Trade Agreement creates special economic and trade relationships for the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

If you are a Canadian citizen or citizen of Mexico seeking authorization to work in the U.S., a TN Visa is the best route to explore under NAFTA.

How Can Professionals from Mexico and Canada Work in the United States?

Canadians and Mexicans may be eligible to work in the United States as NAFTA professionals under the following conditions:

  • Applicant is a citizen of Canada or Mexico not Permanent Residents
  • Profession is on the NAFTA list;
  • Position in the United States requires a NAFTA professional;
  • Applicant will work in a prearranged full-time or part-time job for an employer. Self-employment is not permitted;
  • Applicant has the qualifications, meeting the specific requirements, education, and/or experience, of the profession.

Note: Requirements for Canadians and Mexicans are different

information above are provided from Pace Law Firm - Toronto