Most people need a visa OR an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada – not both.

Some people may only need their valid passport.

If you’re a Canadian permanent resident (PR), find out more about travelling to Canada with PR status.

Answer the questions below to find out what document you need to travel to, or transit through Canada.

What document are you travelling with? (required)