The Malta Residence and Visa Programme allows non-EU/EEA/Switzerland nationals and their dependents (spouse, children under 26 and parents) to settle in Malta indefinitely, provided that the requirements are still met.



  1. To be eligible for the program you must not hold a residency permit in Malta under other Programme (except the Global Residence Programme).


  1. You must have an annual income of at least €100,000 accrued outside Malta or have capital of at least €500,000.


  1. You will be required to purchase a residential property with a value of at least €320,000, if located in Malta, or €270,000 if located in Gozo or in South of Malta. Property must be held for at least 5 years and cannot be leased to a third party.


  1. Alternatively, instead of property purchase, you may rent a property in Malta, with a minimum annual rent of €12,000, if in Malta, or €10,000 if in Gozo or in South of Malta.


  1. In addition, you must make an investment of €250,000 in non-interest Maltese Government Bonds, returnable after 5 years, and a ‘one-time’ financial contribution of €30,000 to the Government of Malta (The non-refundable €5,500 application fee constitutes part payment of this financial contribution, see fees below).




  1. At least 18 years of age.
  2. Not to be national of EU/EEA/Switzerland.
  3. In each five-year period, you must spend six consecutive months outside Malta or an aggregate period of 10 months over the whole period.
  4. Possess a comprehensive health insurance. 
  5. Clean criminal record.
  6. Not to be a potential threat to Malta national security, public policy or public health.
  7. Not deemed to be against the public interest.




  1. Evidence of Health Insurance
  2. Original Police Clearance Certificate
  3. Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
  4. Medical Certificate
  5. Undertaking to purchase property
  6. Undertaking to rent property
  7. Undertaking to remit total contribution
  8. An evidence of support for Dependents
  9. Certified copy of passport
  10. Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
  11. Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
  12. Six passport-size photos
  13. Statement of Source of Funds

SALAMAS Law is here to help you in getting the citizenship above, as well as the permanent residency.

In any event, our team could help to get their customers a visa.

feel free to contact us in order to make the assessment + 961 3 42 41 72