The EB-5 process provides a method of obtaining a green card for foreign nationals who personally invest their funds in a U.S. entity directly or into one associated with a Regional Center designated by USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service).
To obtain the immigrant visa (the green card/permanent residency) the foreign national must personally invest at least USD $1,000,000 which will create at least 10 full time jobs either directly or indirectly. By investing in certain Regional Centers located in TEA ‘s (Targeted Employment Areas); i.e. areas that are rural or areas of high employment, the required investment is only USD $500,000.00.
A typical foreign investor is highly educated; a successful business executive or entrepreneur, an accredited investor by the standards of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (for Regional Center Investments), and a head of household with a global perspective.
Foreign investors’ motivations to invest through the EB-5 Program include:
- Conduct and/or expand their business in the United States
- Educate themselves or their children in the U.S.
- Diversify their investment portfolios
- Passively Manage their investments in the Regional Center or Direct Project
- Reside in the United States and become U.S. Permanent Residents and U.S. Citizens
EB-5 INVESTOR SERVICES
- Preparation and Filing of Investor Petitions with USCIS
- Authentication of Source of Funds
- Consulate Processing or Adjustment of Status for Conditional Permanent Residency
- Removal of Conditions to Permanent Residency
- EB-5 Project Due Diligence Services (Immigration matters only)
- Compliance and Best Practices
- Cultural Relocation
- Foreign Language Liaison Services: Mandarin Chinese, Portuguese, Spanish, French, Arabic, Italian, Farsi, German, Dutch