Residence & Visa Program
The Malta Residence and Visa Programme allows non-EU/EEA/Switzerland nationals and their dependents (spouse, children under 26 and parents) to settle in Malta indefinitely, provided that the requirements are still met.
- To be eligible for the program you must not hold a residency permit in Malta under other Program (except the Global Residence Program).
- You must have an annual income of at least €100,000 accrued outside Malta or have capital of at least €500,000.
- You will be required to purchase a residential property with a value of at least €320,000, if located in Malta, or €270,000 if located in Gozo or in South of Malta. Property must be held for at least 5 years and cannot be leased to a third party.
- Alternatively, instead of property purchase, you may rent a property in Malta, with a minimum annual rent of €12,000, if in Malta, or €10,000 if in Gozo or in South of Malta.
- In addition, you must make an investment of €250,000 in non-interest Maltese Government Bonds, returnable after 5 years, and a ‘one-time’ financial contribution of €30,000 to the Government of Malta (The non-refundable €5,500 application fee constitutes part payment of this financial contribution, see fees below).
- At least 18 years of age.
- Not to be national of EU/EEA/Switzerland.
- In each five-year period, you must spend six consecutive months outside Malta or an aggregate period of 10 months over the whole period.
- Possess a comprehensive health insurance.
- Clean criminal record.
- Not to be a potential threat to Malta national security, public policy or public health.
- Not deemed to be against the public interest.
- Evidence of Health Insurance
- Original Police Clearance Certificate
- Original Bank Reference Letter (Not older than 6 month)
- Medical Certificate
- Undertaking to purchase property
- Undertaking to rent property
- Undertaking to remit total contribution
- An evidence of support for Dependents
- Certified copy of passport
- Original or Certified copy of Birth Certificate (if applicable)
- Original or Certified copy of Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Six passport-size photos
- Statement of Source of Funds